3 tsp So Easy Seasonings Cajun blend
600gm Pork or Beef mince (typically less than 5% fat)
1 Onion - peeled and finely diced.
2x 400 grams of blitzed tinned chopped tomatoes
Low calorie cooking spray
120gm grated Parmesan cheese (or cheese of your choice)
5 or 6 fresh Basil leaves
Pasta of your choice, cooked as to packet instructions
Chopped fresh Parsley to garnish (optional)
- Place the minced pork or beef into a large bowl then sprinkle over 3 tsp of So Easy Seasonings Cajun blend and mix well until evenly combined. Using your hands roll the mixture into even size balls (a little smaller than a egg)
- Spray a large non stick frying pan and place over a low to medium heat then add the meatballs and gently fry until lightly browned all over.
- Add the onions and fry for a further 3 or 4 minutes then add the blitzed tinned tomatoes, fill one of the empty tins with boiling water and add this to the pan and mix well, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid then add the fresh Basil leaves and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve with the pasta, sprinkle with cheese and garnish with chopped fresh Parsley.