Skip to content
- 1 large courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- low calorie cooking spray
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 160g cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Half a chicken stock cube
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp - So Easy Seasonings Mediterranean Blend
- 5 tbsp fat free natural Greek yogurt
- 400g dried rigatoni (or other pasta shapes)
- 500g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7
- Put the courgette and pepper in a roasting tin then spray with low calorie cooking spray, Lightly sprinkle some Mediterranean Seasoning and toss well.
- Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway and adding the tomatoes 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
- Stir in the garlic, tomato puree, canned tomatoes, stock cube, basil, Mediterranean Seasoning and 250ml of water.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool (to prevent curdling), stir in the yogurt and season to taste.
- Add Sauce back to heat, While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Spray a griddle pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. When it's hot, add the chicken strips with a sprinkle of Mediterranean Seasoning and fry for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Drain the pasta and return to the saucepan, reserving a little of the cooking water. Stir through the tomato sauce, roasted vegetables and chicken plus a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water if needed. Season with Salt and black pepper to taste and serve hot with your favourite salad.