2 tbsp So Easy Seasonings Biryani spice blend
500g lean lamb (diced)
1 large onion (thickly sliced)
2 large carrots (peeled and diced)
1 pack green beans (trimmed and cut into pieces)
3 cloves garlic (crushed)
thumb size piece of root ginger (grated, or use from frozen or a jar)
250g basmati rice
500ml beef or lamb stock (from a cube is fine)
low calorie spray oil
- Spray a large frying pan or wok with spray oil and fry the onion until slightly soft and add the lamb, garlic, 1 Tbsp Biryani and ginger, keep frying over a medium heat until the lamb has started to brown and the onions are soft.
- Add the carrots and beans and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the rice and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat so it's just simmering, add 1Tbsp of So Easy Seasonings Biryani Blend and stir.
- Put a lid on or cover with foil and leave to simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove the lid and check the rice is cooked, if it's a little firm, that will be fine as it will carry on cooking for a while when it's standing. Add salt if needed (might not need it ) then cover and leave to stand for five minutes.
- Serve - This should serve between 4-6 people depending on portion size