- 600g chicken breasts, all fat removed (cut into pieces)
- 2 medium onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1″ cube ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 300ml tinned tomatoes, blitzed with a hand blender / food processor
- 300ml boiling water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp fat free natural yoghurt
- Fresh chopped coriander to garnish (optional)
- Low calorie cooking spray
Step 1 - Spray a large non stick pan with low calorie cooking spray & place over a low – medium heat. Add the onions and gently fry until starting to brown.
Step 2 - Add the Chicken and fry for 3 – 4 mins then add the garlic and ginger, mix well then after 2 mins of cooking, stirring often, add 1 heaped teaspoon of our Rogan Josh & mix well, cook for 1 min then pour in lemon juice & stir in.
Step 3 - Add the blitzed tomatoes and the water, add 1 heaped tea spoon of our Rogan Josh blend, mix well, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for about an hour or until the chicken is tender. Check seasoning. (add more if needed)
Step 4 - Remove from the heat and allow to stand for 3 or 4 minutes then add the yogurt 1 tbsp at a time and stir in. Doing it this way should prevent curdling
Serve with So Easy Seasonings Pilau Rice