2 Tbsp - So Easy Seasonings Impact Spice
5 carrots, chopped
4 parsnips, chopped
Low calorie cooking spray
1 onion, diced
8 sticks of celery, diced
1 swede, diced
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 vegetable stock cubes
3 pints boiling water
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Peel and chop the carrots and parsnips. Place them in an oven-proof dish; lightly sprinkle on some Impact spice. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and place in the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Wash and dice the onion and celery, then place them in a large pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray.
- Whilst the celery and onions are sweating down, bring a kettle to the boil and dice the swede. Add the garlic to the pan and cook until the onions start to go clear. Add the diced swede to the pan and mix well with the existing ingredients.
- Remove the carrots and parsnips from the oven and add to the pan.
- Make up the vegetable stock with 3 pints of boiling water and pour into the pan to cover the contents, also add the rest of the Impact Spice. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 20-30 minutes or until all the contents are soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow cooling. Transfer the contents into a blender or use a hand blender in the pan. Add more chilli/black pepper, to taste. Add more water if necessary to thin the consistency to your liking
- Add a swirl of fat free fromage- frais and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
Tip: Why not treat yourself and pour light runny honey over the carrots and parsnips before putting them in the oven.