- 8 boneless chicken thighs (all visible fat removed)
- 1 onion, halved and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 courgette (zucchini), halved lengthways and sliced
- juice of an orange (1 syn)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 300ml/1.25 cups of chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp of So Easy Seasonings 'Ya Salam' blend
- Spray Oil
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180c of 350f
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil over a medium high heat, add the chicken, onion, garlic and ginger and fry until lightly browned.
- Add all the Ya Salam spice blend and mix to evenly coat.
- Transfer to a Tagine or an oven proof dish with a lid. Add the vegetables, honey, juice and zest of one orange and the chicken stock and bake in the oven for approx 1-1½ hours. Chicken should be cooked through but still tender.
- Season with salt and black pepper and garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve alongside rice or cous cous